Location: Tots Towers, Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
Well it seems that the team is growing again here at Tots and we find ourselves looking for a PR and Marketing bod to join us here at Tots Towers. For anybody with an iota of marketing prowess this is THE dream role, working within a family friendly environment (school hours if that’s what you want) within an exciting and dynamic company. If this is you (or any of your friends) then we’d love to hear from you!
Here’s who we’re looking for...
You’re the type of person that gets a buzz from growing a consumer brand and from getting the word out there. You’re likely to be someone who is brimful with great marketing ideas whilst being able to implement efficiently, write brilliantly and liaise effectively with the team, with journos and with a multitude of others. You’re also someone who is passionate about family holidays and values the importance of quality family time. BTW you’ll also need to “muck in” from time to time to help achieve what needs to be done.
In other words, we’re looking for a PR and marketing specialist who is passionate about family holidays and is looking for a dynamic role within a fast-growing family orientated travel company. This role offers the right person the opportunity to fit work around family commitments.
If you were working with us, here are some of the things you would have done last week:
- Planned your time according to the Marketing Strategy (which you will have created)
- Planned and created content for a number of broadcasts and newsletters to the database
- Written a couple of blog posts
- Created SEO friendly web copy for a couple of property descriptions
- Managed our database
- Planned and managing our social networking plan
- Communicated with our European-wide team using Facebook
- Attended a sales and marketing meeting to plan future projects and create new ideas to drive business growth
- Approached key journalists with story ideas
- Responded to journalist requests, sent high res photos
- Liaised with other businesses with a view to joint venturing
- Conceived, written and distributed a press release
- Taken responsibility for product management and brand consistency
Here are some of the other things that may also crop up:
- Write and copy direct marketing material, possibly stuffing envelopes with the team
- Help to organise events
- Liaise with printers, magazines and distributors
- Used our database to find out statistical data
- Sought and created case studies
...and here’s what we’re working on at the moment
- The development and launch of a luxury brand
- The development and launch of a family travel shop
- Re-branding and launch of the current www.totstotravel.co.uk site
Experience is key, so we’re looking for a keen marketing bod with:
- Extreme confidence and efficiency within Windows and MS Office software
- Knowledge and experience of PR and journalist liaison
- Knowledge and experience of copy creation, particularly SEO friendly
- Knowledge and experience of on and off-line lead generation and the marketing funnel
- Knowledge and experience of online marketing, web-content, blog and newsletter creation
- Knowledge and experience of social networking for business
- Ability to work within a close-knit team
- You must live in the Peterborough area (or be prepared to move) to apply for this job
Desirable qualities include:
- Familiarity with a blogging platform such as WordPress
- Familiarity with a CRM database such as ACT! by Sage
- History of B2C marketing (not necessarily within the travel or parenting sector)
- Experience of permission based Email Marketing software such as Aweber/Infusionsoft
Technologies in use:
This role requires thorough, extremely confident and efficient use of Microsoft Office based packages (including Excel and Publisher), Email, Web Browsing software and the confident use of CRM databases such as ACT! by Sage. In addition, experience of web-based CRM and email marketing packages (such as Aweber, Infusionsoft) would be preferable as would Word Press and social networking platforms including YouTube, Facebook and Twitter.
If this sounds like your dream job then we definitely want to hear from you. Please get in touch by emailing email@example.com. You’ll need to put “Marketing Bod” in the subject line.